Friday, June 1, 2012

Testing, testing...

I was pleasantly surprised today when some cards and replacement paint pans that I had ordered only a few days ago arrived from Japan.  Keen to try out the cards I did this etegami.
 I am quite happy with the cards, they are thinner than the ones I usually use but okay for mailing in an envelope.
I am posting the link here for any English speakers who are having trouble sourcing etegami cards or paints. http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/shuyodo/item/ga4/
Just copy it to your search engine. As usual the cost of postage is quite an impost but these cards are not really readily available except in Japan.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing customer feedback on this company. Now I can recommend it to those who ask me. :)

    I've been meaning to ask where you get your sumi ink. Your writing often looks gray rather than black. Or are you using something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I actually make my ink the old, fashioned way using an ink stick. I find it quite nice preparing the ink on the stone while I think about what I will draw. I do have liquid sumi which I occasionally use, and maybe I dilute it too much giving a grey colour, I don't really like harsh black.

      Delete
    2. I'm impressed. They do say that making your ink from an ink stick is a very meditative experience, and an important part of "the way" of calligraphy. I have a stick I've never used. I should give it a try. :)

      Delete