Sunday, June 24, 2012

A lovely visit.

A lovely visit from my younger brother, his son and granddaughter all of whom I have not seen in over a year. He lives a long 7 hour car trip away, a distance that defeats me and I was so pleased we could see him on his way on a visit to two of his granddaughters.
I was inspired to make an etegami of the fantastic tomatoes that they arrived with and which they picked at a hydroponics farm on the way. Rich, red and lustrous, they were too beautiful to eat with out memorializing them in some way.
It still surprises me in this time of the 'Global Village' to see fruits and vegetables out of season from far away but even more so to see them grown closer to home in hothouses and to find them so lovely.
Thick sliced tomato sandwiches seem like a good idea!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Carole:) Nice to hear you had such a good time with your famlily! Cherish that time and the lovely memories!
    Love your tomatoes. They make me hungry:)

    ReplyDelete