Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mesmebryanthemum madness.

A card for the other plant breeder who visited us  Friday. Not altogether happy about this one but still, etegami rules say it must be sent so, thanks for the visit John.
A little explanation for the words, mesembryanthemum comes from the Greek meaning Noon Flower, probably owing to their habit of opening only in full sun, but as every plant breeder knows you have to be up mighty early to beat the insects who can ruin a perfectly good project by 'doing what comes naturally'!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Oregame,
    Your sophisticated humour is birlliant! BTW, I have to confess that I'm not good at plants' names in English. What is worse, in Australia, many of them are not familliar to me. Debbie's reading the book. I might as well look up that one to enrich my Australian plants' names.
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete