Friday, April 13, 2012

Taking things to heart...

On reading DosankoDebbie's latest post on the traditional way to paint an etegami I have taken the advice to heart and tried my hand at a more "Japanese" style. Usually I do a more illustrative type of drawing and I enjoy the challenge of using the absorbent washi cards to do a
Western style of card, often trying to make them Australian in flavour.
The camellias in our Autumn garden were a suitably Japanese subject  to have a go with.

Not entirely successful, the colours are very hard to manage and require a deft hand, practice, practice!

Contrast this with my usual style, a bit constrained but there you go, you do what you do, one's style is rather like one's personality, rather hard to change.
 (Those are my first shoes by the way)


No comments:

Post a Comment