Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"An inordinate fondness for beetles"

Close inspection of my garden over the last few days has revealed the effect of a month's neglect and even though I do not usually use sprays to kill the creepie crawlies, just picking them off  keeps the numbers down. Because of my neglect there is now a breathtaking array of bugs and spiders, indeed the spider's webs make a glistening lacy  display in the slanting rays of the sun.
My neighbour who spends a good deal of time attacking anything on his property that moves with noxious  sprays is aghast but, I think it is not necessary and fingers crossed, the spiders and I have maintained a healthy respect for each other.
The creepy crawlies and their cunning ways have inspired me to make a couple of etegami.



7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! It took me a long time to think of bugs as subjects for etegami, but these days I'm fascinated with them, as you well know... ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can forget your Ninja-ed
    cockroaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Origami,
    Your work and post always makes me smile. Your love for living creatures and humour are so lovely!
    Cheers, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you're good. I love them both - the all-green mantis (I didn't know that Ogden Nash verse, it's a beauty) and particularly the perspective & colours on the bug on the daisy. It's a small masterpiece. Haldane - the chemist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep,the famous atheist! Thanks for the kind words, I have to confess that I used a prop praying mantis,a plastic one that a friend gave me!

      Delete
  5. Love the artistic inspiration you see in nature's rich and playful palette, Carole...and as always simply admire the wit and economy of your etegami illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to capture the colours that you have in your artistic bentos.

    ReplyDelete