Saturday, April 2, 2011

Life goes on...

The mail gets through, tick tock, tick tock...daylight saving ends tonight, we shall be woken up in the light and go to bed in the dark..life goes on.
After a week dealing with minor family crises I finally got the chance to 'etegami' the gorgeous windflowers in my garden, they are rather ephemeral so I took the chance to paint them while the Prof was disporting himself at the local sports club.
I tried tracing over my original drawing and reproducing it with a different line from the same poem, which do you like? As usual I like the image on one and the words on the other Doh!
Received mailart this week was from 'Senior' always a delight to get mail from him. This time the envelope was just as wonderful as the contents.
The etegami is in response to one I sent him saying that I wanted to see the cherry blossoms (Sakura) and he made me this wonderfully abstract card.
I am so envious as my work invariably becomes too literal, I do so admire people who can loosen up.


Told you it was fabulous.!

No comments:

Post a Comment