Friday, October 12, 2012

Recycled!

Yes my inherent Scottish thriftiness has reared it's ugly  head again and I have eschewed 'store bought' goods for something a lot cheaper, free in fact.
A trawl 'round the internet alerted me to the fact that some folk have been making stamps out of the styrofoam that comes as packaging for many of our foodstuffs these days. What better than to use them to make etegami where the nature of the imperfect line they print suits the genre? The line is almost as wobbly as that made by my increasingly unsteady hand!
Anyway, the weather has turned cold again and this was a great indoor project to distract me from the sound of weeds pushing their heads above the soil in my garden.

 And my ever present obsession with cicadas...

 

1 comment:

  1. These are both very pretty - I can't work out which bit is the styrofoam stamp! I really love the cicada with its cool palette, and the bee looks warm and furry. Where did you get such nice letters?

    ReplyDelete