Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dogoo (plus stamps)

Thank you to my blog buddy in Japan, 'Senior' for sending me an interesting etegami of Dogoo (I think she is a character in a popular Japanese TV show).
Also in the envelope were the name stamps for me to use on my etegami, carved by Senior as well as a blank postcard that he has made himself using plant matter to make the paper, very clever! As you can see on this postcard the paper is a very interesting texture and colour.
Thank you very much for these, I will use them on an etegami to send to you and maybe you can put it on your blog?
As usual, a misunderstanding, Dogu, which I think the TV series  (Dogoo) is loosely based on, is a warrior woman clay figurine of the Jomon period, a Japanese national treasure.
So, I looked up Wikipedia for Dogoo and in English it is Dogu also in Wikipedia ???? Thanks Senior hope that clears that up.

3 comments:

  1. hi Thank you
    “dogoo” is Mistake!
    japanese 土偶 Clay figure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Senior, sorry, I looked up Dogoo on Wikipedia and they said she is a TV character!!!
    Maybe I will make many more mistakes but we should laugh about it Neh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at wikipedia on clay
    "To mimic the human figurines were made throughout the Jomon period in Japan was made possible Sat products represent the spirit, or"

    ReplyDelete