Sunday, August 16, 2015

Lawdy Miss Claudy, it's August already....

Just a catch up on some of the stuff I have been working on over the past three months.
First to get some of the paintings out of the way:

The daily painting is on hold at the moment, busy making cute things for the shop!
Such as these origami shadow boxy, doirama-y thingys.
and these little birdhouse decorations in readiness for Christmas .
Phew! I have been busy with the usual; sock monkeys, echidnas and various little gee gaws I think up to keep the shop looking interesting. Ironic for someone whose work history has been spotty to say the least to be working like a fool at this great age! Nevertheless when it ceases to be fun I have the luxury of being able to quit!.

9 comments:

  1. I love the gleam you get on the ceramics and the bloom on the fruit! The shop must be looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blorgie your comments always give me a lift.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and wonderful, Origame! I keep your work in my studio. Please take care. Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best praise is from someone you admire greatly, thank you Sadami.

      Delete
  3. OMG! I don't know how I missed this post. I like the paintings, I LOVE the little boxes, especially the origami dresses on the clothesline. Bet that one sold immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gay, hope the weather is warming up down there, yes, the origami dresses sold before I got a chance to hang it! Been trying a few variations.

      Delete