Thursday, May 26, 2011

S.A.D.

Sometimes I am convinced that I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder even though our winter is laughably mild...grey gloomy days really make my mood take a nosedive. Layers of clothing, shut up rooms, sniffles and cold weather  are anathema to me.
I dream of beaches (where I never usually go), bare skin (which I hardly ever show) and ice cream (which makes me throw (up)) Can you have double parenthesese?
All this is leading up to today's etegami which is decidedly gloomy and was prompted by news of yet more natural disasters this time in the US.
Thank goodness that Pandora's jar (Box?) had a lip where that little bit of trembling hope became trapped.  I am sending that hope, to all the people of the affected areas, on the wings of an origami crane, traditional bearer of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment