Thursday, July 15, 2010

Everybody needs good neighbours part 2

Recently I have had my darling mum staying with me. Normally she lives in the bush but she is having some big health issues at the moment and needs tests done in the big city.  We are all hoping for good news but in the meantime, bouquets to my neighbours who have been kindness itself in their concern.
Betty,( who alleges she loves animals more than most people) came by the other day and gave mum this retro style jacket she knitted and is suitable to be worn as a bed jacket if she has to go to hospital. Many hours of work have gone into it and we really appreciate it, thanks Bet.
Another friend and neighbour Cathy  gave her some nifty socks after she complained that it was hard to find the type she likes and Jan (remember Jan who bakes? ) and her mother have been a great support to me with their concern (and lamingtons!). My daughter in law has also been keeping us in bunches of beautiful roses for her stay here and these have cheered her up heaps.
Modeling the jacket is my granddaughter
Yesterday we had a lovely afternoon tea with these great people and the three granddaughters entertained them with a hastily rehearsed "Three Little Maids are We" from the Mikado as they served tea in their kimono. Lots of fun and giggles, not too serious but  hopefully just what the doctor ordered.
The table decorated by the girls and I looked lovely, (sorry about the quality of the pics) oh, the
pretty napkins we folded into origami cranes were another Jan gift, what did I tell you? they are super people.

No comments:

Post a Comment